CFSOC Standup Paddle/Kayak Outing Sun, Sept 19, 2021
September 19 @ 11:00 am - 5:00 pm EDT
It’s time for our (almost) annual Stand-Up-Paddleboard/Kayak outing with the Cape Fear Ski & Outing Club!
Date: Sunday, Sept 19. 11AM carpool meetup; 12PM noon launch.
Location: Wrightsville SUP, Wrightsville Beach, NC 28480
- Meet 11AM at Bluewater parking lot (4 Marina St, Wrightsville Beach) to coordinate carpool to Wrightsville SUP, 96 Salisbury St, Wrightsville Bch. (limited parking at SUP site).
- Arrive Wrightsville SUP where members sign waiver, pay cash/card, receive all necessary equipment and begin our adventure at 12 NOON. The staff will have a brief ‘how-to’ demonstration on the beach prior to the launch. Members can choose to kayak instead…or if you’d like to try the SUP and don’t like it, you can swap for a kayak at same price…$35 pp + tax. (And tip!). Sup/kayak adventure is for apprx 2 hours.
- Bonus! The owner, Jarrod is offering us a discount as repeat customers! Under 10 members = $35 each, 10-20 = $30, and over 20 members = $25 pp. If we get a good crowd, you’ll have more $ for cocktails and/or lunch!
- PS…there is no changing room or bathroom or lockers at site. Don’t forget sunglasses, hydration, spf lotion and water shoes (if desired) or barefoot, but no flip-flops.
- Return to BLUEWATER GRILLE about 2:30-3PM for food, drinks and more fun together!
Please RSVP by replying to this email or to email@example.com by Friday 9/17.
Please let me know:
1) If you plan to attend SUP/Kayak adventure.
2) If you prefer SUP or Kayak rental. (you can make last minute change, per above).
3) If you plan to attend ‘post’ adventure at Bluewater Grille.
In the event of forecast lightning or heavy rain storm, Jarrod will notify Karen Kenney in AM if the adventure needs to be cancelled. She will contact Joanie who will send out a notification to participants. If it’s last minute, we could always still do Bluewater!