Become a Member of the Cape Fear Ski and Outing Club
Ready for Fun...New Experiences... Adventure… New Friends? …You've Come to the Right Place! Join CFSOC TODAY!
- Annual membership dues are required for all members of the club.
- Our membership year runs August thru July. You must be a current member to attend Club sponsored trips. Dues can be paid in person at the monthly meeting or sent to our P.O. Box address: P.O. Box 774, Oak Island, NC 28465. To check your membership status, contact Linde Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Membership includes:
- deeply discounted lift tickets at a variety of ski resorts including western resorts;
- discounted trip packages (ski and non-related ski trips);
- discounts at local ski shops;
- and membership in the Crescent Ski Council as well as the National Ski Council Federation.
- In addition, you will receive a local monthly electronic newsletter announcing special events outings and trips. Moreover, there are monthly dining out dinners and Happy Hours.
Two Types of Memberships
- Single/Individual $25
- Household $35 (members must reside in the same household to be eligible for this rate)
- A monthly meeting is held the first Tuesday of each month August through May. Meetings are held at Hieronymus Restaurant in Wilmington.
- An optional dinner starts at 6:00pm (at Members expense), the regular meeting begins at 7:00pm.
- Members must RSVP to the meeting using Meetup or by emailing the CFSOC President by noon Monday before the meeting day, so the restaurant can plan to have enough table space and servers on hand for the meeting.
Crescent Ski Council Conferences
- Two Crescent Ski Council Conferences are held annually in the spring and fall. The spring conference is in Myrtle Beach, while the fall conference is in Gatlinburg.
- CFSOC must send two representatives to each conference.
- Representatives are typically Club officers, but in the event they are unable to attend, other Club members may be appointed.
- Two representatives must attend the meetings and report back to the club. Both representatives will be given $50 each towards the cost of the Myrtle Beach conference and $100 each to attend the Gatlinburg conference.
- Other CFSOC members are welcome to attend either or both conferences at their own expense.
- A members-only holiday party is held the second Tuesday in December at Hieronymus Restaurant in Wilmington.
- Dinner is provided as part of Club dues, with a cash bar.
- To be eligible to attend, membership dues must be paid by December 1st.
- Members who RSVP as attending and subsequently do not show, will be responsible for a $25 charge back fee.
Taste of Wilmington & Happy Hour Socials
- Taste of Wilmington dinners are held the third Wednesday of the month at a different restaurant.
- Happy Hour Socials are held the last Friday of the month at various venues about town.
- Membership is not required to attend either of these events.
- In general, outings (kayaking, paddle boarding, etc.) are for members only due to liability concerns.
- Members who desire to bring a guest will need to have the guest join CFSOC as a member.
To download the 2018 Membership Application to the Cape Fear Ski and Outing Club, please CLICK HERE